Sometimes my bank account isn’t exactly thriving and I still want to do something other than sitting in my bedroom watching Netflix. Yes, many fun things do often cost money, but luckily, there is a handful of activities to do without spending a dollar around Christchurch.
In case you find yourself in this city at a loss of what to do, perhaps you can use this list as a starting point.
I introduce to you five of my favorite free activities in Christchurch:
- Post up with a book or cup of coffee/tea at the Botanic Gardens. I usually can’t help myself and often end up wandering the gardens and gawking at all of the beautiful flowers.
- Go on foot or cycle and explore the many murals and street art in the central city.
- Get lost in the latest exhibits at The Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetu. It’s also the perfect activity for a dreary, rainy day.
- Pop out the picnic blanket and soak up some Vitamin D in Latimer Square Park. Hagley Park also makes for a good spot to catch some rays.
- Surround myself with beautiful coastal views along the Godley Head Track.
Of course there is plenty more to do on a budget than just these five activities, so please comment below with any other suggestions!